WebServices Question

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf WebServices Question

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Righele
    Participant

Good Morning Friends-

Our company has some upcoming projects that will require the use of API calls.

So far, we’ve created a few TCL scripts that use API calls to get information or perform actions on our Cloverleaf engine. It’s quite powerful!

My question to you all is to ask if Web Services in Cloverleaf can facilitate API calls to and from outside systems. I know that we have a license for it, but I am not familiar with this functionality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Tom

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Hello, Tom

The answer to your question is yes: Cloverleaf Web Services (CAA-WS) can facilitate API calls to and from outside systems.

The most common APIs used are SOAP (based on a WSDL file) and REST. CAA-WS easily supports them using the java/ws-client and java/ws-server protocol threads. If by any chance the partner requires a custom API, then you could always fall back on the java/ws-rawclient or java/ws-rawserver protocols, which require more programming but can be used to communicate with almost anything that uses the HTTP protocol.

I don’t know what version of Cloverleaf and CAA-WS you are on, but Cloverleaf ships with some sample sites provided as boxes: ws_samples, ws_adv_samples, FHIR_example. I strongly suggest that you deploy those boxes on your test system and learn from them (together with the Release Notes for CAA-WS).

Finally, there are some tools that I find indispensable for doing any kind of Web Services development: SoapUI, Postman, XML Spy.

I hope this helps.

Tom Righele
      Participant

Thank you Levy! This does help very much. Appreciate you taking the time on this!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags