VRL File Export New Line

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf VRL File Export New Line

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon Melin
    Participant

Hello,

I have a hopefully easy question I am having an issue with. I am taking an inbound HL7 message and if it is missing a specified field I send that message to a file for review. I’ve gotten this to work with multiple HL7 messages to files in the past but this time I need to send it to a human readable file. I have all the values comma separated but I can’t get it to do a CRNL at the end of each record.

My process is, I check for the value with an XLATE, if it doesn’t exist I send specified values to a VRL. As I noted, this all works and I end up with a file that has the values comma separated in it but it won’t move to the next line. I’ve tried putting postfix characters on the VRL and also adjusting the outbound fileset-local setting within the netconfig and I haven’t been able to get it to work. Right now (screenshot) I have the style set to NL and converting NL to CRNL. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Jon

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jon,

In your VRL go to Menu-> Options-> Global Properties and try changing the Termination to what ever you need x0d or x0a, or x0d0a.

Then I don’t think you need to do anything special for the style.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jon Melin
      Participant

Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you. That appears to have worked, I appreciate the advice. Why did x0d seem to work when other windows termination commands didn’t? I’ve seen everything from rn to , and others and none of them seemed to work.

Thank you,

Jon

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jon,

I have always preferred the actual hex code – I guess get as close to the machine as you can. 😀

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jon Melin
      Participant

Makes sense! I’ll stick with that as well then.

Thank you again

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags