Visual indication of inter-site routes

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Visual indication of inter-site routes

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Keys
    Participant

We are beginning the site build of our new 6.1.1 environment. Currently, we use a plethora of what we call “INT” threads to pass data between sites.

The inter-site routing will help reduce roughly by half the number of “INT” threads currently in use, and those that remain will be converted to destination threads.

The question came up today regarding a thread designated as a public thread (one with an inter-site routing port assigned to it) and how we would know which destination threads were pointing at it.

With the INT threads, we have an immediate visual representation of what other systems are sending data into an outbound thread. By switching to public/destination threads, that visibility is gone.

Understandably, we realize that we can add notes to the thread to indicate such, but it would be nice to see via Network Monitor if ALL destination threads were currently connected to the outbound public threads.

Is this something that has been discussed internally at Infor? Perhaps an enhancement request?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Mike, I have submitted to R&D some suggestions on improving the graphical information provided by destination threads. But I would encourage you to submit an enhancement request on Infor Xtreme with your suggestions.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Mike Keys
      Participant

I will follow up with a formal enhancement request. Thanks Max.

Lisa Nanney
      Participant

We are just now setting up Cloverleaf 6.1.2.  We have one main test site and 4 others for each of the interface engineers.  We have one inbound ADT from a new vendor that needs to go to multiple threads.   The problem is that each engineer is working on their own routes in their site.  Can a multiple site inbound link be setup in each site to receive ADTs from the main site?

James Cobane
      Participant

Hi Lisa,

This can be accomplished by setting up outbound threads in your main site that feed to localhost TCP/IP inbound connections in the other sites.  i.e.

(site1) from_adt –raw-> to_site2         from_site1 -> to_sysa  (site2)

–raw-> to_site3         from_site1 -> to_sysb (site 3)

Hope that makes sense (and hopefully this looks ok 🙂 )

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags