Virtual Memory Alert Notifications in 5.4.1

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Virtual Memory Alert Notifications in 5.4.1

• Creator
    Topic
    John Baumgartner
    Participant

We are getting ready to implement our new 5.4.1 Cloverleaf upgrade, running on LINUX AS 3.0 and we have been a little concerned at some Virtual Memory Alert Notifications we have been getting. Cloverleaf believes that Virtual Memory is getting to low, when more than enough VM has been allocated to it. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what can be done to eliminate the problem? Any input would be appreciated. I’ve attached screenshots of the Alert messages we’re getting. Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

If all else fails, the bad behaving alert entry could be replaced with your own check that works.

I remember having this alert go off incorrectly once upon a time, too.

It seems like the casue was faulty output by the top command.

I’m not completely certain but I believe that the alert you are referring to uses the output of the “top” command.

A simple call to tech support could confirm this recollection.

Try running top at your command prompt and see if the info for memory looks inncorrect.

Then you could decide if trying to get another version to top is worth the effort.

Here is a partial screen shot of my top output with the line of interested highlighted.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags