VB Send Messages to CloverLeaf

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf VB Send Messages to CloverLeaf

• Creator
    Topic
    Stewart
    Participant

Has anyone tried using VB to create messages and send them to CloverLeaf?  If so, can you provide an example?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Stewart
      Participant

Adding email notifications

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Sorry don’t have an example of VB code but I just replied to another question on tcp/ip code to connect to an inbound thread. Visual Studio has classes on tcp/ip – I’ve used them to connect to JMS so I know it will not take too much time to try different code with tcp/ip functions and end up connecting to a Cloverleaf thread. See my answer to that other post from today and try to replicate that transmission content – with the beginning and ending ‘framing’ characters. Don’t forget to consume that ACK that comes back. I’m sure that Stack Overflow or some MS forums have VB examples of tcp/ip transmission.

HTH

Peter

Peter Heggie

Stewart
      Participant

I have been able to get messages sent to cloverleaf and then forwarded onto the destination.  However, Cloverleaf is displaying errors with each message.  The errors are below.  Also, what are the beginning and ending framing characters?

[tcp :read:ERR /0:SUR_IN_LAWSON_tcp1:03/07/2020 23:06:47] Read 0 bytes — peer disconnected?
      [tcp :read:ERR /0:SUR_IN_LAWSON_tcp1:03/07/2020 23:06:47] Unable to read msg length

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags