Using AD account to connect to sql server

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Using AD account to connect to sql server

• Creator
    Topic
    Todd Horst
    Participant

Using the odbc data direct, provided by infor, you can connect to a MS SQL server using your AD account by setting `AuthenticationMethod=9` in the odbc.ini. Normally its set to 1 for a local sql account.

Im wondering if there is a way to set this in your code rather than in the ini file.

I suspect something like SQLSetConnectAttr but havent figured it out. Any help would be helpful 🙂

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yes you can. Go to the Progress DataDirect Web site under support and Documentation.

In there you will find the complete documentation for the ODBC Drivers for the various DBs.

Here is the link I got to which shows the allowable attributes:

http://media.datadirect.com/download/docs/odbc/allodbc/#page/odbc%2Fconnection-option-descriptions-for-sql-server-wi.html%23

By the Way, the ODBC Integrations I set up while at MDACC (quite a few) did not use the .ini file for specific target DB references. We did the specification via the Connect String at execution time for a number of reasons.

If you would like to discuss my odbc/Cloverleaf experiences email me.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags