User Group meeting 2010?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf General User Group meeting 2010?

• Creator
    Topic
    Suzy Hoffman
    Participant

I’m wondering if there will be a Cloverleaf User Group meeting this year.  Can you direct me to where I can find more information?

Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yes there will be one.

The details are being worked out.

I expect there to be announcements here when the details have been finalized.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Just a little bit more info that I learned.  This years Cloverleaf Users Group will be the last one with Cloverleaf as the sole focus.  All future meetings will be rolled into the yearly Lawson Users Group meetings.

I believe they still will hold Regional Users Group meetings.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks….

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tom,

Interesting – but I guess not surprising

If this is true, I am pretty sure my management won’t sptring 2100.00 plus for the conference.

That could impact attendance significantly.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tom,

I just confirmned that this year’s User Conference will be the last free-standing Cloverleaf Annual Conference.

Beginning with 2011 it will be a part of the Lawson general conference.

I really expect there to be reduced attendance due to the additinal cost unless something like a concentrated track for Cloverleaf that lasts the normal 2.5 days with reduced fee can be imbedded in the Lawson General Conference.

This would probably mean those paying the Cloverleaf track fee would not be able to attend any other sessions (maybe not even general sessions and events).

I wonder how many of us have any interaction at all with any of the Lawson products. I know we have them here but we rarely interact. I would not be able to convince my management to pay the extra money so I can experience the Lawson products.

This could be an opportunity to continue the Cloverleafg tradition of having meaningful conferences – or it could be the end. Time will tell.

Tom Rioux
      Participant

We have a few Lawson products.   I like the idea of having them rolled into together, especially since the Lawson conference is not always in the same place.    I agree with you, however, I believe that attendance would be hurt.   I too would like to see the track of classes devoted strictly to Cloverleaf.

I do see the benefit of allowing Cloverleaf users to attend some of the Lawson classes as well.   As a person who works on integrating Cloverleaf with these systems, I think it is vital to learn everything I can about the product I’m working with.  

Hopefully the powers that be at Lawson will work this in a way that will be beneficial to all and will entice more Cloverleaf users to attend.  

And hey, maybe we can get some of the users to attend some of the Cloverleaf classes.   Maybe then we can show them that everything ISN’T always Cloverleaf’s fault!!!  LOL

Later….

Tom Rioux

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags