Use of new SMAT db

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Use of new SMAT db

• Creator
    Topic
    Carl Tosi
    Participant

Clovertechers,

What does the new SMAT database do and how is it used in 6.2?

TIA,

Carl Tosi  ðŸ˜€

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Lindsey
      Participant

The SMAT DB was introduced in a earlier version 6.1 I blieve (or maybe 6.0, can’t remember which one).  Anyway, it allows there to be a single file for your SMAT messages that get saved.  I can tell you that we are using it and it runs much faster and uses less space that .idx and .msg files.  

It does take a bit more to get used to but I feel it is a great improvement.

Rob

Diana de Bruin
      Participant

Haven’t worked with the new SMAT DB that much yet, but I do miss an option to copy info from the metadata parameters.

For example the MID.

Same goes for the ErrorDB tool.

It also would be helpfull to show the Userdata as a column in the search result list.

Diana

LUMC -Leiden University Medical Centre
      The Netherlands

Diana de Bruin
      Participant

By the way….

it’s still unclear to me how the password construction works.

Especially if you want to use a SMAT DB file from a production site on a testsite where the sitename is different.

I would also like to be able to store the SMAT history files on a different location (ie. not in the cloverleaf directory).

Diana

LUMC -Leiden University Medical Centre
      The Netherlands

Steve Williams
      Participant

Hi Diana,

When you enable SMATdb encryption, the engine uses (at this time) the sitename as the encryption passcode. There is a request to Infor the make the passcode configurable, but I do not know if/when we will see this feature.

In the meantime, you can use the hcismatdb tool (available from this forum) from Charlie Bursell to pull out messages into a file. With a little change, you can make the passcode a user supplied arg to make the files more portable.

Since the encryption is really built into SQLite, you can write your own scripts to handle most situations. I even have a script I use to migrate encrypted smatdb’s from site to site updating the passcode on the fly.

Carl Tosi
      Participant

When using the SMAT DB tool, when you click the load criteria icon, where is the engine looking to pull a file in?

Thanks,

Carl T

Mark Thompson
      Participant

Cloverleaf 6.2 allows you to specify your own encryption key for SMATDB.  This means you can choose to synchronize the encryption key across all sites and use a more secure key than site name.  Excellent enhancement!

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Also, with 6.3, you’ll be able to specify an Archive directory outside of the root for SMAT and log file history.

[usual disclaimer applies to future functionality] 🙂

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Peter Heggie
      Participant

This year???

Peter Heggie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags