upgrading from 611 to 612 and adding ODBC license

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf upgrading from 611 to 612 and adding ODBC license

• Creator
    Topic
    Bob Schmid
    Participant

The install of 612 says:

“If you need install ODBC, please do it before installing this update”

Is there a separate ODBC package to download that must precede the patch up from 611 to 612

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Peter Heggie
      Participant

I looked at the release notes because I didn’t remember an ODBC upgrade, but there must have been because the manual talks about a change to the DataDirect Connect driver. The license goes on during the major release (6.1) install and does not have to be applied again. It appears there was an upgrade to ODBC (this is only for UNIX), so yes if you have ODBC you would have to download this also and apply this first.

Peter Heggie

Bob Schmid
      Participant

we did not have the odbc license when we install 610 and 611…….we are now needing to upgrade to 612 and add ODBC.

Is ODBC able to be installed separately from a download?

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Is DataDirect loaded from the Cloverleaf install?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Unless they have changed things, you cannot load the ODBC drivers directly from the vendor (to get the latest driver set for example).

The drivers first must be ‘certified’ by Infor to still function with Cloverleaf and then it will be included with the next release of Cloverleaf.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I believe that is the case.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags