Trouble using multiple HL7 Variants

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Trouble using multiple HL7 Variants

• Creator
    Topic
    Nathan Shumate
    Participant

Hello all,

Here is what has been asked of us:

We are sending ADT messages to a system, however for some reason they specifically want ADT_A03 messages to be formatted differently.

Our normal ADT messages will follow the MSH – EVN – PID – PV1 – PV2 -OBX – DG1 – PR1 – IN1

They want our ADT_A03 to follow as: MSH – EVN – PID – PV1 – PV2 – DG1 – PR1 – OBX – IN1

So essentially they want the OBX segment dropped behind PR1.

Since the A03 will only make up a small minority of the total amount of messages we have our default input record set to the “normal” standard on the receiving and sending. However we have an HL7 variant where the ADT_A03 message is defined in the order they want. We assumed that our HL7 variants could handle this on the fly but we keep getting an error. So our thought process was – we receive ADT from epic ( as the “normal” standard), goes through a translate and if the message is an ADT_A03 the custom variant kicks in, sending the custom format.

segment encountered ‘DG1’ is out of order when parsing hl7 for message type ‘ADT_A03’.  Segment ignored.

If anyone has any experience handling situations like this, any input would be greatly appreciated. Also apologies if my explanation is a bit murky.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

That error message, I believe, is in reference to the parsing of the inbound message whch means the inboound message does not match the Source variant used in the Xlate.

If you would like to discuss off-line, email me.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags