Threaded write failed: Broken pipe!

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Threaded write failed: Broken pipe!

• Creator
    Topic
    Abhishek
    Participant

Hi Clovertech community,

I am facing the following error in cloverleaf production while trying to process a message to vendor. We tested successfully in Test cloverleaf environment but encountering issues in PROD.

Error : Threaded write failed: Broken pipe!

Could you please provide some guidance on steps to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks

Abhishek

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

Perhaps your production max files configuration is too small.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Abhishek
        Participant

Thanks for answering Jeff. Could you also let me know the way to increase the max files configuration and if this could cause any issue with other interfaces in PROD ?

Jerry Sawa
      Participant

From my experience with Broken Pipe, thread was unable to write because the connection dropped.  Make sure vendor side has the same settings in Prod as it does in Test.

Abhishek
        Participant

Hi Jerry, Thanks for your response. Connection appears to be fine and vendor port is also reachable via telnet. However when source system sends us message that contains embedded pdf in OBX-5.5, this is getting stuck on state 11 (On OB post- TPS queue). The OB Thread status shows Broken pipe.

Does length of OBX-5.5 affect the interface ?

In Test environment the length of one such test message was 551,433. In prod environment, length is coming around 364,252 but still causing the broken pipe issue.

This issue was never encountered in test environment. Please help !

Jerry Sawa
        Participant

I’ve receive base64 encoded PDF msgs larger than 10mb without issue.  So your issue may reflect back to what Jeff Dinsmore previously stated.   Unfortunately, I don’t know how to increase the size of the max files configuration.

Are there any other entries in your log other than the Broken Pipe entry?  You may need to increase the logging level of the thread to see if more entries are listed regarding the error that may guide you to the cause/resolution.

Abhishek
        Participant

Hi Jerry, There are no other entries other than broken pipe. Could you please let me know the way to increase the logging level to view other entries ? Thanks ! I appreciate your assistance

Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

In our Redhat Linux, the max processes and max files are controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Jerry Sawa
        Participant

Not sure what type of logging configurations you have setup, but you can try Infor’s “enable_all“.  Keep in mind that this will add A LOT of entries into your log.  I only use “enable_all” for trouble shooting issues then I remove it when the issue is resolved.  There are other configurations but I don’t know if they’ll give you what you need.

Within the thread on the “Properties” tab, “Engine Log Configuration“.  Click list to get a listing of all Engine Log Configurations available.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags