Thread settings to resend same message until issue is fixed

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Thread settings to resend same message until issue is fixed

• Creator
    Topic
    Sucharitha Manyala
    Participant

Can we set in thread to try re-sending same message if there is any xlate error? We have a java class that is being called from our charges interface xlate and if there is any connection error in java class we are letting other charge messages to go throw while the errored ones are going to error db. We don’t want to miss the charge messages order so we would like to keep re-sending the same message until issue is fixed. Is there a setting for this?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If you are 6.0.0 or later, you could reroute the failing message. That would stay in that route then until resolved I think.

However, you could introduce a bottleneck inside the engine (no matter how you do it I think) so depending on message flow and the average time needed to resolve the issue you might want to re-think and just extract from the Error DB when the error is resolved and resend from that file.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Sucharitha Manyala
      Participant

How can I re-route failing message?

Sending from error db is not option because we will loose the order of Charge messages by the time we resolve the issue. Thanks!

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Oh you did not say you wanted to block all of the other messages until the situation is resolved.

Using re-route will not stop following messages from moving on.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Sucharitha Manyala
      Participant

Yeah, we want to block other messages from flowing while current one is trying to be resent. Is there a way for us to achieve this with any settings?

Thanks!

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

No settings I know of – maybe others do.

I think you will need to use some Tcl and perhaps some unusual configuration settings.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags