Testing tool GUI frequently doesn’t

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Testing tool GUI frequently doesn’t

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Gross
    Participant

I primarily use the testing tool for testing xlates that are using HL7 inbound and outbound formats. For as long as I’ve done this (3-4 years), the GUI seldom works. Is this a known problem or is there a workaround that’s known to be 100% effective?

The typical process is:

* Open testing tool, choose data file, change to length encoded and hit “Run Command”. Command output appears blank after a brief wait.

* Close testing tool and retry, same result

* Close Cloverleaf and reopen, retry same result

* Close Cloverleaf and reopen, this time testing tool works as expected.

It seems that it will eventually work after closing and reopening Cloverleaf enough and trying to use the testing tool, but it’s very time consuming. I just wanted to know if this was the case for everybody or just us. I am not responsible for the software or servers itself, so I’m primarily wondering if there’s a workflow that will allow it to work on the first try so I don’t have to use the command line for all testing.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

I’ve  used the testing tool for Xlate, Routes and TPS in versions 3.8.1P, 5.5 rev1, 5.8.5 and 6.0.1 with great success, and little issue.  You might need to escalate this to Infor support.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Russ Ross
      Participant

You can also run the command displayed in the testing tool on the back end to see if that works any better.

I often do this for a test I’m running repeatedly or want to run later when going live by putting it in a KSH script.

If this works better than the GUI/IDE then see if another PC has similar issues.

I mostly don’t have issues like you described with the testing tool.

I have had issues with a particular PC being slow while all the others run just fine.

For these cases I prefer not to bother with diagnosing and just reimiage the PC to working condition.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Diana de Bruin
      Participant

I have similar problems when I’m using the testing tool on the client that’s installed on my PC (Win7). It doesn’t work about 50% of the time.

The problem might be connected to the fact that I often change between different cloverleaf servers with my PC client and this results in regular (1 minute+) timeouts when I try to start the Network Monitor or Configurator, I still haven’t figured out the cause of this delay.

Anyway, I usually end up using the testing tool on a client that I’ve started on my Win2008 cloverleaf server, it always works fine on the server.

I’m using v6.0.1

Diana

LUMC -Leiden University Medical Centre
      The Netherlands

Jason Gross
      Participant

Thanks guys, it happens to probably about 15 of us and I think it’s been looked into before. I was just curious if it’s just isolated to different configurations, volumes, etc. It seems like our issues are probably very similar to Diana’s issues. I don’t think anybody wants to pursue it further but I was hoping maybe somebody had a workaround that was more successful than anything I’ve had.

The back-end will always work, but we don’t have access to that in production yet and I prefer using the GUI for simplicity.

Thanks!

It’s possible this is a networking issue. Is there a firewall between the client PC and the server?

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Jason Gross
      Participant

It doesn’t go through a firewall. I’ll escalate it up again through our Cloverleaf admins to see if they have exhausted all options.

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Greetings,

We are running 5.8.7 and now 6.1 clients on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit and have good experiences with the client.  It may start to hang due to inherent leaks like too much editing of thread notes for example.

Ok…

When installing these clients, the Release Notes do specifiy certain C++ libaries be installed.   We check for that and confirm we have all the supporting stuff in place.  Our PCs are 64 bit with dual core CPUs and configured with a large paging space value.  Also:  we bump up the maximum memory required for the IDE (hciacess) and up the timeout value in the general section of the client.ini file:

jvm_args=-Xmx1024m

host_connect_timeout_secs=3600

We do have a firewall setting for echoeing back testing results when working remotely under section firewall:

tunnel_port=14019

As the IDE “matures” and gets more bells and whistles added, it gets to be a core hog ever sucking up more resources.  Gone are the days of the host based Tcl/TK launchpad (alas).

Try beefing up your PC first then bug INFOR support.

Good luck and good hunting!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags