Tech Bulletin: ISD_2007Q1_001 DST *Updated*

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Annoucements Technical Bulletins Tech Bulletin: ISD_2007Q1_001 DST *Updated*

• Creator
    Topic
    Rick Brown
    Participant

Date:

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Participant

If our engine(s) does not use any Java other than the host server (e.g., Java UPOCs), is shutting down all the engines still required?

I’m thinking that all we’d have to do is reboot the host server.

Is that correct?

AIX 5.2/Quovadx 5.3

Note: We plan on doing this after our AIX team applies the OS DST patch.

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Rick,

we have applied the AIX OS patch already.

Can we apply the Java update for 1.3.1 now? Why I am asking that

to not to do the update on the DST time change A.M.

thanks

Reggie

Keith McLeod
      Participant

How do we verify the patch is in place?

Rick Brown
      Participant

Send these inquiries to our support folks and they should be able to help you.

Thanks,

Rick

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

So every one of us have to call support separately to get the answers to these questions?  It would make more sense to have someone from Quovadx answer the questions here.

Rick Brown
      Participant

Kevin,

Our support folks don’t monitor these boards.  Unfortuantely these questions are unique in nature.

Thanks,

Rick

Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

Please see the attached file for the java upgrade for DST changes.

Thanks

Reggie

Anonymous
      Participant

Please note,

we are using AIX 5.1 and had to install ML9, plus Patches for AIX as well.

After rebooting, java for clgui was updated.

All running fine.

Thanks

Reggie

Todd Lundstedt
      Participant

We are on AIX 5.2.  We didn’t apply the -08 TL, but we did apply the changes to the /etc/environment, and reboot.  When I attempted the JRE update as Reggie did, I got the same errors he did, and one additional error.. after I pressed exit, the java GUI shut down, and a second java error was issued, and the command prompt never returned.  I had to kill -9 the java PID.  I hope it was updated correctly.. I believe it was.

The java -version output on the updated server matches exactly the java -version on our production server which has not yet been updated.

Anonymous
      Participant

Anyone have an idea why our GUIs are still one hour behind? Our AIX administrator had installed both the AIX and JRE changes and we rebooted the server. AIX does have current time. We are on AIX 5.2 and CL 5.3.2.

Thanks in advance, Mary.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Same scenario the GUIs are still diplaying 1 hour off with EST.  All other commands appear to work fine.  The SMAT files are stamped correctly in .idx files.  The gui still displays unchanged date.  I have gone an reapplied the patch to update the jre with no success.

I have run both tcl and perl commands adn all appears fine behind the scenes….  Hope to hear of the fix soon.

Anonymous
      Participant

Keith, Thanks for the update… have you called CL Support? I’m in the process of trying to get a hold of my Administrator to verify he has followed the procedure in the Technical Bulletin for JRE. Sound like you have…

Thanks again, Mary.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Voicemail indicates DST issues will be handled on Monday.  It did not appear to cause any other issues.

Tom Patton
      Participant

Ours is still off also – I had an error on the original install – I reran it with NOGUI – true.  I didn’t get any errors, but yet the status display time is still wrong.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I also went to the IBM website for AIX to confirm.  The display indicated that the jre timezone information was up-to-date.  I have only reapplied to one of our test servers to see if I could better determine what needs to be targeted for the fix.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Even hciconnstatus has correct information.  Hopefully tech support will have worked on this some and provide the resolution on the clovertech forum.

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Did you update the Java on your Windows clients? (Your PC’s?)

Stephan Head
      Participant

We have alerts on threads that notify us when they go down.  The threads aren’t monitored from 00:00 to 01:00 for maintenance reasons.  I was paged by the alerts last night at 00:13 and the logs showed the threads were down at 23:13, instead.  We, too; have the updated version of Java and the system time is correct.

Anonymous
      Participant

Rick Brown (QDX)

We have applied all necessary Java update on both Client PC’s and server (as suggested by QDX). In OS level AIX patches had been applied and rebooted.

Everything works fine except the GUI sill shows an hour behind.

When can we get an update on this ISSUE from QUOVADX ?

thanks

Reggie

Jim Doane
      Participant

It appears that the problem may be with the Java 1.3.1 rt.jar file in the clgui/java/lib folder on the client machines. When I check the time using the Cloverleaf version of Java loaded on my Windows machine, the time is off by an hour. When I run hcinetmonitor from the unsupported folder on the server, the times in the GUI are correct. Is there a Windows script similar to the AIX script for applying the DST patch to this file?

James Cobane
      Participant

I downloaded the tzupdater-1.1.0-2007c.zip file from Java.sun.com, and copied the tzupdater.jar file to C:quovadxqdx5.4.1integratorclguijavabin directory on my client PC, then ran the following command from there:

java -jar tzupdater.jar -u

This seemed to resolve it; but, I’m not sure if this is what Support will be doing.  FYI, we had already installed the necessary Java updates on the servers (per the technical bulletin).  

We are running 5.4.1 on AIX 5.2.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

William Rowley
      Participant

Please note that this is NOT an offical Quovadx fix – just what worked for us.

The newest version of the JRE – including the DST changes in the rt.jar file – can be downloaded from Sun:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.3.1_20/index.html

Copying the rt.jar file from the installed JRE into the Quovadx directory and restarting the IDE fixed the displayed times.

Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Bill,

the URL you provided, has updates for only Winodws/Linux/Solaris.

We are on AIX.  Lets our fingers crossed till we hear from QUOVADX.

thanks

Reggie

Greg Eriksen
      Participant

Since it is the local client gui that needs a patch, wouldn’t that be Windows (for most of us) rather than AIX?

Anonymous
      Participant

If you launch the Netmonitor on the server (AIX) using hciaccess &

you will see time displays correctly. You will have to use the Reflection or Humming bird X windows.

So the issue is on the PC in which you launch the QDX client GUI.

Thanks

Reggie

Anonymous
      Participant

My control panel on my XP workstation says I am on JAVA 2 Platform Standard Edition – Version 1.5.0_11-b03

On the Cloverleaf application under HELP ==> Client tab, I see the folllowing:

Current Platform:

Java version: 1.3.1_09

Java vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

OS type: Windows XP

OS version: 5.1

OS arch: x86

GUI Build Information:

Version: 5.3P

Date: Tue Feb 10 2004

Time: 21:19:29

Platform: Windows_NT

Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

JDK Version: 1.3

Swing Version: 1.3

RMI Version: 1.3

Where do we go now? Thanks, Mary.

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

When I run the netmonitor from hciaccess from the command line for our production (5.2) and test (5.4.1), both have the incorrect time when doing a status report.  Running AIX 5.2 for both machines.

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

What a mess!  

We are running AIX 5.2 .

What version of the JTZU are we supposed to be downloading?  I go to the website that is pointed to in Quovadx’s Tech Bulletin.  It has JTZU version 1.3.7a  .  I downloaded it to my workstation and unzipped it into it’s own directory (c:jtzu).  Uploaded it to AIX and then unzipping it makes no sense.  AIX has tar and a GNU zip, but those don’t seem to apply.  When I do a directory listing, I don’t get the same listing as was posted in this forum in the “Patch update for DST changes” document.  I makes me think that we’re not talking about the same version of JTSU.

We need a procedural document that needs to be more exact and fill in the blanks.

I’ll keep working on this, but the blood pressure is rising.  This could have been avoided.

David Burks
      Participant

If you are on Cloverleaf 5.4 or 5.4.1 and your GUI thread status still shows 1 hour off that means you did not update the java on your windows client per the instructions in the technical bulletin under the section labeled Windows, Linux, HP and Solaris OS platforms.

This is not an optional step.  For client boxes that do not have client only you do not have to setroot or setsite.  But you will have to download the tzupdater as directed in the technical bulletin and run it from your …integratorclguijavabin directory as instructed in the instructions.

This has been tested on 3 different boxes here and worked fine on all 3.

Stephan Head
      Participant

See my response to thread – Thread time stampe shown wrong

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

I went to the page pointed to by the technical bulletin for Windows in order to fix my Windows client.  They only list a webpage, but do not tell you what to download.  There are 13 buttons that say “download”, but I can eliminate some of them because they say documentation.  I do not see tzupdater.jar anywhere.  Additionally the tech bulletin makes distinction in client vs. server.

Bill Marsch
      Participant

We want to have instructions as to where we get the update for the following on our individual PC’s where we have the gui client.  The following directory/subdiretories needs to be updated with the java patch for DST

C:quovadxqdx5.3integratorclguijava

C:quovadxqdx5.3integratorclguijavabin

C:quovadxqdx5.3integratorclguijavalib

README

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition

Version 1.3.1

*               Notice of New Redistribution Options                 *

* Beginning October 17, 2001, it is permissable to redistribute      *

* the “javac” compiler with the Java 2 Runtime Environment (JRE).    *

* See the Sun Binary Code License and this README for terms          *

* and conditions.  Items that have been added to the section         *

* in this README entitled “Redistribution of Java 2 SDK files”       *

* are:                                                               *

* bin/javac.exe  (Microsoft Windows)                                 *

* bin/javac and bin/i386/native_threads/javac (Linux and Solaris IA) *

* bin/javac and bin/sparc/native_threads/javac  (Solaris SPARC)      *

* lib/tools.jar  (all platforms)                                     *

* These files include the Java 2 SDK tools classes, including        *

* the classes for the “javac” compiler.                              *

* Additionally, on Microsoft Windows platforms it is now             *

* permissible to redistribute the Java HotSpot Server VM (also       *

* known as “C2”) with the Microsoft Windows version of the           *

* JRE. (C2 is already included with the JREs for Linux and the       *

* Solaris(TM) operating environment.)  Items that have been added    *

* to the section on “Redistribution of Java 2 SDK files” are:        *      

* jre/bin/server/jvm.dll                                             *

* jre/bin/server/Xusage.txt                                          *

Anonymous
      Participant

If you follow william Rowley’s post, download the java from

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.3.1_20/index.html

and then copy the rt.jar file to c:quovadxqdx5.3integratorclguijavalib

the DST issue can be resolved.

I tried with the Jim’s instruction and could not get the update.

Thanks

Reggie

Bill Marsch
      Participant

went to http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.3.1_20/index.html and downloaded the windows version followed instructions for the down load and once I got the download I executed it and then place the install to the directory Jim mentioned here and it now works.  All is corrected.

Tom Patton
      Participant

I applied the patch to my workstation, but now every time I right click status, all threads appear dead and I need to refresh the display to get the current status.

Austin Adams
      Participant

We made a copy of the java folder located (usually) at C:quovadxqdx5.3integratorclguijava

Went to the site http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.3.1_20/index.html

and downloaded the JRE for Windoze.

Then we installed the JRE on top of the java directory.

Haven’t had any issues.

Austin Adams

St. Dominic Hospital

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Technical Bulletins’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags