TCL:Utilizing USERDATA to create output file and send to url

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf TCL:Utilizing USERDATA to create output file and send to url

• Creator
    Topic
    Bill Pitts
    Participant

Hello

On Clover v5.8 (AIX) , All via tcl:  

I’m attempting to take an HL7 message, create a file with a filename created from elements in the HL7 source message via USERDATA, and write the output to a url.

On the inbound TCP/IP source thread’s routing I have a proc that filters the HL7 transactions based on conditionals, sets the USERDATA elements with MRN, HL7 event, and datetimestamp.

This transaction is then passed to an outbound UPOC thread where, via another tcl, I’m attempting to set the path the url address, create the outputfile from the USERDATA, write to the file then pass to the url.

It appears that the USERDATA elements aren’t being recognized on the outbound UPOC tcl processing.

I’d include the tcl code but I have various iterations and it’s such a mess at this point that my head is spinning!

Any input/advice on how to create a workable solution for this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Barr
      Participant

It sounds like it should work. One problem I sometimes have is I make TCL changes without restarting a process (or reloading the proc in the thread), so I’m not really testing the code that I’ve written.

I also sometimes have problems doing error handling with UPOC protocol, but it doesn’t sound like this is your problem.

Without seeing the code and the test results I can’t tell exactly where the problem is.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

As Dave says it should work.  Turn up full EO so you can see where you are losing it.  You could also add some msgdump statements to see where it is lost.  Be sure and put an echo statement in front of the msgdump so you know which one it is

Russ Ross
      Participant

This URL post shows a working example I did to set a USERDATA metadata in my xlate and retrieve that value via UPOC on outbound thread.

<a href="http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1367&highlight=userdata&#8221; class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1367&highlight=userdata

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Bill Pitts
      Participant

Hi

Got this working.

Turns out we needed to write the file to a virtual share.

We set up a share on one of our ftp servers and set the outbound thread to file-ftp.

Inbound thread has a tclproc on the route which sets the metadata USERDATA keyedlist.

Outbound thread has a prewrite-PROC on the outbound tab to grab the USERDATA elements, set the OBFILE name in the DRIVERTCL.

Transaction writes to the virtual share on the ftp server and posts to the appropriate share downstream.

Thanks for all the suggestions in input.

Bill 8)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags