tclODBC vs Data Integrator in a UNIX environment

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf tclODBC vs Data Integrator in a UNIX environment

• Creator
    Topic
    J Al Anderson
    Participant

I am curious if anyone here has experience with both Data Integrator and tclODBC?

What are the relative strengths that you see using both solutions?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I have never used tclODBC – once we had Data Integrator I saw no need to even investigate tclODBC.

I had worked with Progress Software’s DataDirect ODBC drivers in the past (that is what is packaged with Data Integrator) annd I know how reliable and fast they are.

I have not had any issues with using those drivers.

Of course we just connect and invoke stored procedures rather than using SQL to do the work but that all works well for us.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

I have not used Data Integrator, but have been using TclODBC in a production Linux environment for the last six months or so.

Before that, I had used it from Windows for many years.

If you’d like to discuss, let me know.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Elijah Park
      Participant

@Jeff – I’m super interested in learning how you use TclODBC at your organization. Did you have to download a driver like freeTDS in order to make it work? Did this work in or out of the DNS? I’m on AIX.

Thx.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags