tclODBC in the engine?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf tclODBC in the engine?

• Creator
    Topic
    Dennis Pfeifer
    Participant

Just querying others to see if anyone is using TCLODBC with the engine?

I’m placing a Sybase database on the server, and will (hopefully) be connecting to it via TCLODBC in the engine.

Any problems with multi-threading .. i.e. multiple threads in one process connecting to the database?

Thanks

Dennis

P.S. .. will also be using UnixODBC, and freeTDS.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Dennis,

You might want to post to the listserv. I think there is only a limited participation during this test drive period.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Anonymous
      Participant

Dennis,

I’ve done a project where we used TCL ODBC on w2k to connect to ms sql.  We have multiple connections to the same database running at the same time.  There are definitely more than one connection to the database at one time.  One connection is made about every 5 seconds that runs a stored procedure to check for new records to read.  Then there is another Cloverleaf connection that opens a database connection and runs stored procedures to update tables.  We’ve never had any interraction problem.

Cheers,

TorfinnK
      Participant

Testing the new Clovertech:

The question was if any experience with tclodbc, we have been using it for 3-4 years with MySQL. It works great (OS= WinNTWin2000 + Win2003)

Jonathan Hamilton
      Participant

Dennis,

TclODBC is great for Windows or Linux based servers.

Felix Ortiz
      Participant

I have just finished setting up a connection from using QDX/Merant/DataDirect Connect 3.7 to connect to a Sybase 12.0 server.  It works great.  So far I am just calling a stored procedure and writing the results to a file for ftp transmission, but I see nice possibilities.  

I am also trying to setup a connection to DB2 UDB8.1 running on AIX5L.   DataDirect claims the Connect 3.7 product is not certified for UDB 8.1.  Has anyone made the connection and what parameters needed to be set in the DSN entry to get the Bind to work.

Dave Sanneman
      Participant

Felix, I am trying to set up a DB connection using ODBC and connecting to Sybase and then call an SP to retrieve data.  What are the settings in the odbc.ini file and also what needs to change in the odbcInfo file. current entry is “default=Connect4.2”.  Have you tested with 4.2?  and what does your parameters look like in the ini file?

Thanks…

Sundeep Kumar
      Participant

Has anyone tried the JAVA Upoc interface and used JDBC to connect ? Java runs inside a JVM that the tcl interpreter talks to via JNI. Has anyone had success with Java UPOC and JDBC to connect to sqlserver ?

garry r fisher
      Participant

Sundeep,

I’ve tried it with the MS SQL Server JDBC driver just to test it. I run an ODBC course and wanted to demonstrate the various ways of connecting. I haven’t gone any further than connecting and running a select – But it does work fine.

Regards

Garry

Shravan K
      Participant

Can we be able to make connection to PLSQL using TclODBC ?

I’m new to tcl(i have enough knowledge),can any one suggest me how to get started.Our servers  are linux based.we are using PLSQL database.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags