tcl shutdown error

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Tcl Library tcl shutdown error

• Creator
    Topic
    Kevin Crist
    Participant

when we restart a process we are getting the following error:

I have attached the proc, can anyone explain this error or how to fix this, i am betting it’s something simple.

msgId = none

proc = ‘tpsValidateLabORMs’

args = ”

result = ‘invalid command name “shutdown”‘

errorInfo: ‘

invalid command name “shutdown”

while executing

“shutdown {

# Doing some clean-up work

}”

(procedure “tpsValidateLabORMs” line 207)

invoked from within

“tpsValidateLabORMs {CONTEXT sms_ib_data} {ARGS {}} {MODE start} {VERSION 3.0}”‘

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kevin,

I think you have a mis-matched curly brace in the run portion of the mode switch (I think there is an extraneous } just before the time switch element).

Use an editor that has the ability to match braces/brackets/etc and work your way through the mode switch command.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Kevin Crist
      Participant

Thanks Jim, i’ll take a look. The wierd thing is that the proc is working as good, i just happened to notice this in the logs when i bounced the process.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kevin,

Well if my guess is correct, you never invoke the time mode and the only time the shutdown mode is invoked is when shutting down the thread. Both of those switch elements are after the run elelment which is where I am theorizing your issue lies.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Steve Carter
      Participant

Kevin,

You need to remove the brace on the line right before the ‘time’ portion of the switch statement.

If you don’t have an editor that will match braces as Jim suggested, gVim is a good one (and it’s free).

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Tcl Library’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags