tcl script print lab label

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf tcl script print lab label

• Creator
    Topic
    Hongle Sun
    Participant

We would like to print a label for inbound pathology order message, has anyone has done that with tcl or shell script that could share, any advice?

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Harrison
      Participant

Hongle,

I

Russ Ross
      Participant

This is a bit off topic but wanted to mention since this post jogged my memory of something I thought was very cool.

A printer output stream can also be used as an inbound source of data to Cloverleaf.

One case I can recall was on the mainframe running SMS here we have several TIFF interfaces but Jim Kosloskey has also had SMS reports sent to a print stream to a printer setup as an LU something printer and used one of the LU protocols in cloverleaf to get information from the mainframe print stream those reports are sent to.

I can’t remember of the top of my head the details like LU3 or LU6 but that is the basic concept and Jim can elaborate the details to resfresh my meomory should I need them.

But none the less I certainly thought this was very cool and those struggling with doing a TIF interface from an IBM mainframe might find this an alternative approach.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

William Rowley
      Participant

Continuing off topic…This brings to mind that time that I had to interface an order entry application to a radiology application but the order entry app had no interface, no development tools, and no vendor. What it did have was the ability to send a copy of each “order report” to a specific workstation and its direct-attached printer (as well as to the radiology department workstation and printer).

A workstation was set up in the computer room and the order app configured to send a copy of all rad orders to that workstation. Because the app had a custom printer driver which required feedback from the very-specific printer model, a “parallel duplicator” was attached to the workstation and one of the very-specific printers. The “duplicator” would also send a copy of the parallel stream to a second parallel port which was attached to “parallel to serial” converter. The serial output was then attached to a serial port on the Cloverleaf box.

Using a custom async PDL, some TCL, and an xlate, the printed rad order was translated to an HL7 order message and sent to the radiology app over DecNet.

Good times, good times…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags