TCL Proc question for 5.4 and 5.6

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf TCL Proc question for 5.4 and 5.6

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Wallace
    Participant

I add a TCL proc to a route.  If i just shutdown the thread and refresh and restart the thread will the TCL proc be in place or do i need to bring down the process and refresh.  

Thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Chris,

If it is a new proc (just produced not just one that already existed but is now being used) in the NetMonitor at the process level (may also work at the thread level – I don’t recall) do a renidex (it is in the full menu), then do a reload of the Tcl proc that now should appear in the pull down selection list.

If it is an laready existing proc the reindex is not necessary (does not cause any issues however) just the reload should do the trick.

No need to stop/start anything I think.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Chris Wallace
      Participant

It is an already existing proc, just has a different set of arguments.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Chris,

Oh that is different.

I am assuming the reference to the proc has been added to the route – if that is correct, then you need to cycle the process so the change is picked up.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Chris Wallace
      Participant

Thanks for the assistance

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Any route proc belongs to the Xlate thread so you cannot reload in any case from the GUI.  You could using hcicmd and use xlate_ as thread name

In any case reload only reloads the run portion of the proc, nothing else

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

I decided to test this out.  I used the GUI to see if it would reload a proc at the xlate thread when reloading at the process level.  Here’s my output:

[cmd :cmd :INFO/0:test1_ps03_cmd:09/19/2011 17:03:33] Received command: ‘copath_ao_3,endo_ao_3,hess_ao_

3,lpbk3_ai_3,mmm_ao_3,mmmprod_ai_3,nursecall_ao_3,pyxis_ao_3,pyxiscrh_ao_3,rals_ao_3,test1_ps03_xlate reload killHL7MsgIf’.  It appears that it does.  Now, if I wanted to reload only at xlate thread and not any other thread within the process, then one must use the hcicmd.  Note:  it appears that the xlate thread name is _xlate, not the other way around.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

I may have had it reversed but it is certainly not _xlate, it would be _xlate since the Xlate belongs to the process not a thread.

What you di may work but would reload all of the procs.  Since I almost never use the GUI, I would not know.  ðŸ˜€

I know I can reload specific to the xlate thread using hcicmd

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

You are correct, Charlie.  The example I gave had the process name in it, but I called it the thread not the process as I should.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags