TCL lsearch with -all option

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf TCL lsearch with -all option

• Creator
    Topic
    Barry Sheesley
    Participant

I am trying to search a list of segments and return the indices of all the AL1 segments in my message.  I tried the following (and several variations) of the command but I keep getting an error message.  I’m sure I just have the syntax wrong but I haven’t been able to figure it out.  

Command: set al1Locs [lsearch -regexp -all $segments {^AL1}]

Error Message:  wrong # args: should be “lsearch ?mode? list pattern”

[/code]

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Ed Mastascusa
      Participant

all isn’t an allowable mode in lsearch

tcl>lsearch -all

Error: bad search mode “-all”: must be -exact, -glob, or -regexp

it might be easier to iterate through the list, do your AL1 check on each element and build the index list yourself – lsearch is only going to return the first element.

Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

Barry,

Have you looked at lmatch (which returns a list of matching entries) or lregexp?

In any case, I think Ed is correct in that the lsearch (and lmatch I believe) does not accept a -all switch.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Barry Sheesley
    Participant

When I looked at the syntax of lsearch on the internet, it shows the -all option but when I looked at the Help text in TCL on my Quovadx server, it does not show the -all option.  In any case, I reworked the code to iterate through the AL1 segments as you suggested and it is working fine now.  Thanks for the responses!

Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

Barry,

What you found on the Internet was probably for a newer release of Tcl.

I always use the help with hcitcl as Cloverleaf does not always have the latest Tcl.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forums

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
    Forums
    Topics
    Replies
    Topic Tags
    Empty Topic Tags