TCL code command to direct a file to an external folder

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Tcl Library TCL code command to direct a file to an external folder

• Creator
    Topic
    Lawrence Nelson
    Participant

I have a TCL script that I use to look for zero byte files, no MSH, corrupt,  etc.

– currently the script sends me an email and drops a message in the err db.

I would like to add in line of code to also drop the file in question “as is” to the following folder :

/quovadx/ftptransfers/EFT/incoming/zero_byte

Based on the variables I have in my existing script I took a wild guess and tried this WITHOUT success.

exec file  /quovadx/ftptransfers/EFT/incoming/zero_byte/$msg

For the curious –

basically, I want to do this so my EFT software can find the file and then reuse the file name to find and RESUBMIT the file.

Thanks for any assistance.

Lawrence Nelson
    System Architect - MaineHealth IT

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Have you tried the file command?

set ret_cd [catch {file copy — $source_file_name $target_file_name} err_lit]

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Lawrence Nelson
      Participant

Hi Jim

Where is this path

/quovadx/ftptransfers/EFT/incoming/zero_byte/

expressed in here?

set ret_cd [catch {file copy — $source_file_name $target_file_name} err_lit]

Lawrence Nelson
      System Architect - MaineHealth IT

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If that is your target then it would be in $target_file_name. You don’t need to use a variable in the command but I do.

Look at the help for the Tcl file command for particulars. It is a powerful command.

If you would like some further assistance, email me and we can take this off forum.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Tcl Library’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags