"SWITCHABLE" THREAD

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf "SWITCHABLE" THREAD

• Creator
    Topic
    john benevento
    Participant

Is it possible to temporarily “turn off” one of the threads from an HIS in order to prevent ADT data from being sent out to an application, without having it accumulate in pending if the thread was simply stopped?  I’m trying to find a more convenient way than swapping NetConfigs every time I need to disable a thread.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

I’m not completely clear on what you want to accomplish but there is a way to put a thread on hold.

In the IDE/GUI:

right click on outbound thread –> Control –> Full –> hold

One item of concern is that recycling the trhead for any reason will release the hold.

To release the hold on the outbound thread from the IDE/GUI do:

right click on the outbound thread –> Control –> Release

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Michael Hertel
      Participant

In the NetConfig you can define the outbound threads to hold.

We have all of our outbound threads configured like this so that when we start all the threads none of them release until we say they can release.

That will save you when you restart an individual thread.

If you want the messages to be killed instead of queueing up, add the proc hcitpsmsgkill as the first proc in your outbound tps and bounce the thread. I’m not sure why you’d want to kill the messages instead of saving them for later delivery.

-mh

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags