Sunquest NTE is being dropped

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Sunquest NTE is being dropped

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim Gobbel
    Participant

I am getting results from SQ with what they call a CLIA note.  The whole message comes into the engine but only the first NTE comes out. I think it has to do with the carriage return but I have tried every which way to change it (0D, 0A combinations). I have attached the scrubbed message IB and OB as well as the hex dump of the problem data.  I am doing an Xlate as well but it does not touch the NTE segs to my knowledge but I am going back there to double check.  Any suggections would be appreciated.  Thanx!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Tim,

I suspect that your Xlate is not iter’ing through all of the NTE’s and PATHCOPYing them to the outbound message.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tim,

Make sure your variant has the NTE as repeating and that the Xlate is set up to get and pass all repeitions.

Then check to make sure there is no post Xlate TPS or Outbound Tps procs that might modify the message.

If you turn the EO up all the way you can track the message as it traverses the engine and thus note where the NTE segments get dropped allowing you to focus in.

I don’t think the problem has to do with the format of the inbound messag.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I have also found that removing the end (0) after the NTE also helps if you are just doing a pathcopy of all of the NTEs within a repeating group.

example:

use

pathcopy 1(%g1).0(0).NTE –> 1(%g1).0(0).NTE

instead of

pathcopy 1(%g1).0(0).NTE(0) –> 1(%g1).0(0).NTE(0)

This usually copies all of the NTEs of that group without using the segment iteration.  I use the segment iteration if I am making unique changes to the NTE’s.

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

Thanx folks!!  As I was almost done with the post I suspected the iterate. I checked all the other points and will review the xlate tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt responses!!

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

So good to have folks that walked the path before me!  I have it working now.  I had to adjust my segment notations on the OBXs and then added a second iterate for segment for the NTE which fixed part of the problem.  Then I re-read these posts and gave Keith’s suggestion a try and it fixed both my problems and I was able to remove the segment iterate and make the whole thing more readable and managable.  Thanx guys, you are the BEST!

PS:  I attached a screen print for those connecting SQ to Epic

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags