Subject and Message Text Missing from Alert Emails

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Subject and Message Text Missing from Alert Emails

• Creator
    Topic
    Jonathan Christian
    Participant

Hello All –

I’m having a devil of a time with my alerts all of a sudden in 5.8. For whatever reason, the subject and message text are coming across as blank when an alert email arrives in an inbox. It’s the same setup I’ve had for quite some time now, but it just cropped up when I started editing some alerts this week. See configuration below…

This seems like it should be a pretty brainless configuration, but it still doesn’t seem to work. I’ve gone into the “Site Options” and tested the email configuration through the “Alert Configuration” tab, and the subject and message text from that test work fine. They just don’t work when fired from the actual alerts.

Color me stumped.

Windows Server 2003

Cloverleaf 5.8

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      mike brown
      Participant

Just a thought and it may not even have an affect, try changing the name Cloverleaf ALERT to something else like Cloverleaf NOTIFICATION, I found that using ALERT in the subject line or name or description anywhere in the actual alert, it will cause it to act strange going through the engine…

The word ALERT is a global variable in Cloverleaf tcl and it may be getting confused when called.

I hope this helps but i am also sending ALERTS via email and had to do the same thing and it is now working.

Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags