Sub-segment issue

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Sub-segment issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan Land
    Participant

OBX|1|TX|^^^30005500^COLOR||||||||P|||200702112200|XO

What i need to be able to get is COLOR out of the OBX segment.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Ryan,

If in an Xlate COPY (for example), in the Input Message format panel expand the OBX segment in the Tree. Go to to OBX-3 and expand that; then select appropriate component (I think it is the fifth you want) and double click.

Note what is entered into the Source column. Notice there is a .[4] after the field number. That is the notation which points to the fifth component (it is zero based) of this or any componentized field.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Elizabeth Wilson
      Participant

Ryan;

You may either copy only the 4th element to your output:

1(0).0(0).OBX.00571.[4]  (using single Copy statement)

or if you are doing Bulkcopy, or copying the entire field – copy @null to output’s   1(0).0(0).OBX.00571.[5]

Elizabeth Wilson

Ryan Land
      Participant

Thank you both for your responses.  Will what you have replied with also work for repeating OBX’s?

Elizabeth Wilson
      Participant

Yes, it will , as long as you are coding it under ITERATE. In that case I suggest to not using bulkcopy, rather use PATHCOPY for each segment (for OBX also under ITER)

Elizabeth Wilson

Ryan Land
      Participant

Here is what I have in the Iterate.  I still cannot get it to remove the ^’s and the unused data.  I appreciate any help.  Thank you.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Ryan,

Do you have BULKCOPY or PATHCOPY (for the OBX) involved in this Xlate?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Ryan Land
      Participant

Here is the Xlate.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Ryan,

OK you have BULKCOPY.

That means your outbound message is already built from the inbound message.

Therefor rather than COPYing the inbound values you want (and ignoring the values you do not want), you need to get rid of the values you do not want.

So you need to COPY @null to the 5th. component of the outbound OBX field in question.

— now climbing soapbox —

This is just one of the reasons I do not use BULKCOPY unless forced to.

—- getting off of soapbox now —  ðŸ™‚

Jim Kosloskey

Ryan Land
      Participant

Thank you.  This was actullay done by Quovadx and I am just modifying it with this “small” change that is needed.  I will try it and see what happens.  Thanks again.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags