strange problem with GUI

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf strange problem with GUI

• Creator
    Topic
    David Barr
    Participant

I’m on Cloverleaf 2022.09.01. Here’s a problem that I can reproduce:

• open network configurator
    • make a simple change to a thread (type a note in the notes tab, whatever)
    • without clicking the apply button, click on another thread
    • click “no” on the “do you want to apply your changes” message
    • the gui is now unresponsive for 15-20 seconds.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Lindsey
      Participant

I have seen the same issue in 20.1 and 20.1.2. From what I can tell it is trying to revert the changes since you made a change but did not apply it.

Rob

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I cannot replicate in 2209. No delay.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

David Barr
      Participant

I made some progress troubleshooting this. I looked at the client logs in this folder:

C:\cloverleaf\cis2022.09\integrator\client\logs

The first think I noticed was a lot of messages in the log related to threads that had bitmaps configured that didn’t exist on the server. Perhaps this was due to upgrades that didn’t include copying the bitmaps folder; I’m not sure. My slow timing (15-20 seconds) was actually after I removed those references.

I also noticed that we have have two IP addresses for our server, and if we connect with the IP address that is not the main IP for the hostserver, everything still works, but there are extra network connections being made.

Then I ran Wireshark on the client to check the network accesses, and it looks like there are some dropped packets that correspond to the delays in the GUI. This could be related to the VPN (Global Protect) that we’re using on the client. I’m not exactly sure what’s causing the packet loss.

There’s still about a 12 second delay when cancelling updates to a thread over the VPN, but only a 2-3 second delay when the client is not going over a VPN to the server.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags