Star BAR^P01

• Creator
    Topic
    Jared Miller
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the McKesson’s BAR^P01 message that is used for their Medical Records coding.  Looking to see if anyone knows what triggers there are in Star that cause this message type to generate.  One of our Star analysts is contacting McKesson about this, but I thought I would put this out to the Cloverleaf users in case there were any stories people wanted to share.  Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Victor Ligenza
      Participant

We use Series and a BAR^P01 is generated whenever a patient abstract is maintained.  I know you are on Star, but maybe there is a similar function.

Ariba Jones
      Participant

Hi Jared,

I am working on the abstract coding summary (BAR^P01) interface from Star right now at our facility.  We currently have this interface setup going to one system and now need it to go to another system.  Our current interface is customized to send only the completed abstracts.  We want the completed abstract transactions only to be sent to this other system as well.  Our Star contact said that the interface is programmed to send the message if the Abstract Complete date is valued for the account.  An update (to a completed abstract) will trigger another message if the Abstract Complete date is defined.

I am not sure how this works if you don’t want just completed abstracts.  That may be something you need a response from your Star contact on.

Hope this helps.

Ariba

Jim Beall
      Participant

For a Star 2.2b (“HBOCHI”) interface, the trigger is m-HL7 MEDICAL RECORDS in field 15 of the comm line definition screen.  At least at our site it is.  Or is that what you’re asking?

At our site we get one record per screen (we use GUI abstracting) and we also get a BAR P01 for every automatically re-admitted series account – if you use that.  You get them whether the abstract is complete or not in the standard, non-customzied interface.

Jared Miller
      Participant

Ariba,

Thanks for your response.  When an update is done do you get another BAR message or do you receive at ADT^A08?  Prior to learning of the medical records trigger, the only place we were seeing diagnosis & procedure codes were in A08s so I am curious to see if this is what you are referring to.

Jim,

Thanks for your response as well.  That was good input to have.

Ariba Jones
      Participant

Jared,

We get another BAR^P01 message when an update is done.

Ariba

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags