SSH from 3rd party app, lacking access and rights

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf SSH from 3rd party app, lacking access and rights

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Joe Baranski
    Participant

We’re trying to find alternate ways to automate certain processes for Cloverleaf, one of which if an application called GoAnywhere.  When setting up an SSH connection, which should be straight forward, we’re receiving a lot of errors for anything beyond the most basic Unix commands (we’re on AIX).  After some digging we found that our permissions are heavily restricted.  Running “echo $PATH” shows drastically different results.  Running in in GAW return…
    <pre>/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java5/jre/bin:/usr/java5/bin</pre>
    …while telnet/ssh in command line return…
    <pre>.:/opt/freeware/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/intfprod/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/intfprod/scripts:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/_master/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/_master/scripts:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/contrib:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/sbin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/dbms/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/tcl/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/clgui/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/clgui/java/bin:/quovadx/cis19.1/integrator/usercmds:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/home/hci/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/scripts</pre>
    Would any configuration setting be causing this or has anyone encountered this in the past?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Joe Baranski
      Participant

I forgot to mention we are using the same login for the connections

John Mercogliano
      Participant

This is because of the way ssh works.  When using to login into a server like with telnet it runs the login scripts but with goanywhere because it is not an interactive prompt it works more like cron. In my case the login I use has the ksh login shell so I run commands like below.

(. ~/.profile. ~/.kshrc;set | grep -i path)

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Joe Baranski
      Participant

Thanks for the info!  When you mentioned the command you use, is that what your profile uses when logging in normally or when through the cron-like prompt which limits what can be done?

thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags