Solaris: setroot flattening CLASSPATH Env Var

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Operating Systems Solaris: setroot flattening CLASSPATH Env Var

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Bagley
    Participant

Hi all, Hope this question is in the right board.

I have an issue where running ‘setroot’ is overwriting the CLASSPATH environment variable.

I have a ‘.login.local.start’ file created which contains:

Code:

setenv CLASSPATH .:/export/quovadx/qdx5.6/integrator/java_libs/CacheDB.jar

This works. I can log on and ‘env’ shows the variable has been set. Alas when I run ‘setroot’, CLASSPATH is set to:

Code:

.:/export/quovadx/qdx5.6/integrator/prd/java_uccs:/export/quovadx/qdx5.6/integrator/clgui/lib/cljava.jar:/export/quovadx/qdx5.6/integrator/java_uccs:.

I’ve had a look in $HCIROOT/bin/hcisetenv and have seen this:

Code:

$ENV{’CLASSPATH’} = &cleanPath( $ENV{’CLASSPATH’}, $pathSepChar, $pathSepChar, @pttnPath );

Which looks like it should maintain the original value.

Anyone got any idea to why this is happening?

Cheers

Bagley

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

In the older days before the master site I would modfy the hcisetenv script like you might be considering.

I did this to create my own master site long before the concept evolved in cloverleaf.

I never really liked the idea of modifying hcisetenv but the benifits of a master site made it worth doing.

I wrote and used the following function when changing sites back then which is probably similar to what you are doing now.

Code:

function set522 {
         setroot -clear
         setroot /quovadx/qdx5.2/integrator $1
         showroot
      }

I learned over time like you are learning this results in undesirable baggage and then one day “light bulb!”.

If the login process gives me what I want, can I just run the login process and all the undesired baggage might no longer be hanging around.

It seemed to have the desired outcome from what I can tell thus far.

So these days here is what my change site function looks like

Code:

function set56 {
         export ROOT=”/quovadx/qdx5.6/integrator”
         export SITE=$1
         currentDir=`pwd`
         cd $HOME
         . ~/.profile
         cd $currentDir
      }

Just for the record here is the setroot function that comes with cloverleaf 5.6 and can be seen in AIX by typing the word functions at the command prompt

Code:

function setroot
      {
         eval `${CL_INSTALL_DIR}/integrator/sbin/hcisetenv -root ksh $*`
      }

since setroot is located in the directory

/quovadx/qdx5.6/integrator/kshlib

defined by the $FPATH environment variable you will have a hard time finding it by trying to do

which setroot

so hopefully that will help others from struggling to figure out the mystery.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Chris Bagley
      Participant

Hi Russ,

Thankyou for the very extensive answer. Sorry I haven’t replied sooner, work has had me on other jobs :).

I’ve got to admit I’m new in the Solaris world (and the Cloverleaf one for that matter) so some of your answer went over my head a little but I will have a dig and see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Bagley

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags