SOAP inbound to Database adapter outbound

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf SOAP inbound to Database adapter outbound

• Creator
    Topic
    Arno Abramyan
    Participant

I have a WS-Server connection which takes in SOAP messages.

I also have a Database-outbound connection which writes to an OracleDB.

I need to write the entire incoming xml message into one of the columns and some of the values into other columns. Does anyone have a way to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if this unclear or you need additional information.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Hi Arno, on the database-outbound protocol, when you are creating your SQL statement, you can select “whole message” on a column if you wish to insert the entire message into that column.  This option is in the column selection dialog under the SQL configurator.

If you want the original message to be inserted, check the “Use cached pre-xlate message as whole message” box.  This is in the protocol properties.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Rob, what version did this function appear?  I wasn’t aware of it, and will need to check if in our 6.1, but I did via TCL, putting message in USERDATA metadata field and extracting with TCL fragment in Xlate.  It’s still early enough, I can change this to use this method.

Thanks,

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Arno Abramyan
      Participant

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the response. I am getting the following error message in my database thread. I end up with the outgoing message in the whole message column.

Can’t get pre-xlate message from driver control: {SENDANDWAIT 0} {_TRXID_ JDL_CalendarAddUpdate}

Do the inbound and outbound threads need to be in the same process?

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Ah, I missed one thing.

In the route properties, you need to select “Store original message in metadata for downstream processing”.

The threads don’t need to be in the same process.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Arno Abramyan
      Participant

Thank you Rob. Works as intended now!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags