SMS skipping a message when proc is bounced

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf SMS skipping a message when proc is bounced

• Creator
    Topic
    Mary Leuchtmann
    Participant

We are losing a message from SMS if our proc goes down after they have sent a message, but we haven’t received or ACK’d it.   SMS says we need to send them a shutdown message.   What kind of message should be going back to SMS when the process shuts down?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Participant

There is a series of procs that you can put in place to insure that they get the messages. .

When you send a message and it goes ok use the the tps to save the message to a file for your. (save_ob_msg)

When you get the ACK back you need to delete the save message. Use kill_obsave for that

If you have a time out set to await replies then you will need to use the reply generation procedure to resend the message you did not get the ack for.(resend_obsave)

Plus in your case in the protocol startup you need to resend the message that you did not get the ack for. recover_state_14_31.

In the tcl library there is a post Recover_33 tha thas them I think tha is it.

I hope this helps I know it did not directly answer your questio but this is how to insure message get to the anacialy system.

Elizabeth Wilson
      Participant

Mary;

What kind of messages are you receiving from SMS? We have SMS orders coming in to the engine. I can sent you our set up. Unless orders are being received, the thread from SMS is always in ‘openning’ state. We had never lost a record yet.

Elizabeth Wilson

Swedish Medical Center

Seattle

Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mary,

We are an ICO Siemen’s INVISION hospital (formerly SMS)… I’m assuming you are asking for the 3SHUT message… I will send you the proc if this is what you are looking for. Just let me know.

Mary

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags