SmatHistory db resends

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf SmatHistory db resends

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim
    Participant

We are on CL 6.1.2.1 on RHEL 6 and are experiencing an issue when try to resend messages from SmatHistory databases. If I try to select all A08  messages in a file (3,662 messges) and try to resend to a file the system says it created the file but the file does not exist.

Unfortunately we are in limbo with support as we are transitioning from McKesson/Allscripts to Infor.

Has anyone experienced this same issue?

Thank you,

Jim

Jim

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jay Hammond
      Participant

We are on 6.1.2.0 on AIX here and have seen and cursed this same issue many times.  I was playing with it this morning after reading your post and discovered that if I use the Mark All Messages button without touching anything else, the file gets created as expected.  If I select one or more messages manually (using the checkboxes beside individual messages), the file does not get created.  I also tried selecting a few messages manually and then using the Mark All Messages button for the rest, and the file was not created.  

To make things even more strange, when it reports that the file was created, but it really wasn’t, if I try again and use the same file name, it reports that a file with that name already exists.

Debbie Davis
      Participant

We have experienced this also (6.1.2.1 – Linux) and also transitioning from Allscripts PWIM to Infor.  I have found that closing/reopening the GUI usually resolves and I can then save files again. Not the ideal resolution, but …

Mary Kobis
      Participant

Hi Jim, we have found if you use a “not” value in any of the selection criteria, it will not save the file though it says it did. I use the advanced criteria option on the DB SMAT Database to look up select messages. If that is not the case, like Debbie says, close out of the GUI and then go back in.

Jeff Anderson
      Participant

Another fun thing that happens is that if you select too many smat db files to search, the engine tanks with “too many open files” and you have to shutdown and restart. I opened a ticket with support and was told not to open so many files… My thought is the engine should be a bit more graceful. We’re on 6.2.1.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jeff,

Could it be the O/S setting controlling the maximum number of open files allowed is the culprit?

Just a thought…

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I understand that this was fixed and 6.1.3 And beyond.

Jeff Anderson
      Participant

My ulimit is 4096, any suggestions on what it should be? Maybe 32,000? Also I’m on CL 6.2.1.

Thanks!

Brent Fenderson
      Participant

This in a know bug that is fixed in 6.1.3. There is an hcismatdb command that Charlie Bursell has out here that we’ve been using as a workaround. You might try dumping the entire smat to a file. My associate say that that will work. Then you can carve it up with a tcl script.

Steve Williams
      Participant

I use HL7Spy to slice and dice message dumps (dumping the entire smatdb sets to a file via either the GUI or Charlie’s hcismatdb tool) when I’ve run into the issue in the past. It’s faster and can be much more precise than the SMATDB GUI. But since we’ve upgraded to 6.1.3, the search issues have been mostly resolved. Performance on large DB sets can still be an issue, though.

Daniel Murphy
      Participant

I am using RHEL 6 as well and I had this issue with 6.1.2 not sending any messages if I did a query for what I needed to resend. After I selected the messages and resent them, it did the SAME as what you seen by notifying me it sent but nothing ever went.

If I did NOT search for what I needed and loaded all messages and selected them individually, then resent those, it would work. This is OK when you have a few messages to sort through, but you NEED the search and send feature.

This is an issue in 6.1.x through 6.1.2.x

There is a patch 6.1.3 that corrects this issue.

I highly recommend upgrading to 6.1.3. as it works as expected 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags