SMAT file revisons.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf SMAT file revisons.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Participant

Ofter when working with smat files I find it neccessary to keep more then one copy. In production I find it neccessary to keep 90 days worth of smat files.  I have written scripts  to cycle them every night.

But in test it is not a set thing.  I tend to cycle them when testing and we have serveral people testing so they get over written.  

What are other poeple doing to avoid this ?

Could we get Quovdax to add some netconfig paramater to say keep X copies of the smat files.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

John,

I think that feature is in CL 5.4.

Check the release notes Rey Currie posted on Clovertech.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Dick Bly
      Participant

John, due to that issue, I never use the gui or hcicmd to cycle smat files. Instead I have a script that does that for me. It reads the netconfig to find the smat files and then if there any “old” files renames them with a timestamp and suffix that increments if a file already exists with that name.  It then does the cycle save (based on what is in the netconfig) and goes thru the renaming process again. It will operate on all connections in a site or a single specified connection.

The current vesion also moves the renamed files to the site dir to a savedmsgs dir to its assoctiated thread name dir so that all saved messages for thread1 would be in the directory

$HCISITEDIR/savedmsgs/thread1

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Jim,

You must be thinking about the process logs.

I’ve checked and can’t find anything about file retention for SMAT.

If you know for sure that it is part of 5.4, please let me know.

I want this feature too.

-mh

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Michael,

Right you are. It was the Logs.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Gee whiz, you got me all excited!  :mrgreen:

Nancy McDaniel
      Participant

I was wondering for those that are using a script to cycle the SMAT files, how are you removing old SMAT files?  Do you have tcl code that you can provide that does this?

thanks,

Nancy

Richard Hart
      Participant

Nancy.

We cycle SMAT files every day and rename the ‘.old’ to a date stamped file

eg

200608010000_top_test_rp_adt_rcv.msg.gz

The prod files are immediately FTP’d to a repository and  are deleted from the Cloverleaf sites after 80 days.

This is an example of our ‘cron’

0 0  * * *      DEBUG=NO; IAMCRON=YES; export DEBUG IAMCRON; /hci/InfoHEALTH/bin/cycleAllSmat.sh        # Midnight

0 1  * * *      DEBUG=NO; IAMCRON=YES; CULLFTPOK=YES; LOGRM=30; SMATRM=80 export DEBUG IAMCRON LOGRM SMATRM CULLFTPOK; /hci/InfoHEALTH/bin/cullAllLog.sh

I have attached a copy of the script that actually cycles the SMAT files.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags