Sites keep stretching

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Sites keep stretching

• Creator
    Topic
    Adam Qualls
    Participant

I have noticed lately that my IDE window is stretching way off the screen when I switch between sites.  Does anyone know what is causing this?  The only idea I have come up with so far is that someone else is resizing their screen when they are viewing a site and then when I load that same site, it stretches my window way off the monitor like I am displaying it on dual monitors.  Any help or suggestions on ways to prevent this or to determine the culprit would be appreciated.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      bill whatley
      Participant

Hi Adam,

The GUI remembers window geometry for the last closed window, provided the client’s ini file is enabled for read/write (this is an issue when running on Windows versions later than XP).  Check the install path for your GUI, in the client directory, file is client.ini.

Is this a shared workstation, or are you using RDP?  Those may be causing your problem.

Good luck

-bw

Adam Qualls
      Participant

It is not a shared workstation.  It is installed locally.  I see the file.  Do you happen to know which settings it would be that control the size of the window?  If I set the window to the size I wish it to always be and then made the file read-only, do you think it would then make it always open to that size regardless of what it was last?

bill whatley
      Participant

Hi Adam,

Well, on closer inspection of the client.ini file itself, it sure doesn’t look like the sizing is there…  That file is touched when you change sites, etc., but not resizing the GUI window itself.  Other Clovertechers might know…

If you’re an administrator on your workstation, run hciaccess.exe as admin (right click the icon) to launch the GUI.  Resize it to size desired, then close it.  Run again, and the window size should stick.  That’s how I got around that problem.

-bw

bill whatley
      Participant

Adam,

I did a little more looking for this – the file that holds the window geometry (and other stuff) for version 5.8 is clide.ini.  Your mileage may vary, depending on OS, and how the GUI was installed, but mine is found in %USERPROFILE%.clideclide.ini.  As to why it doesn’t stick unless running as admin – that could be something with my PC.

That path is the same for the version 6.1.0 install I did.

-bw

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags