Single xlate for ADT_A05 messages?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Single xlate for ADT_A05 messages?

• Creator
    Topic
    Vincent Tran
    Participant

ADT_A28 and ADT_A31 are some messages that share the same message structure as ADT_A05.

I was wondering if it is possible to use a single xlate for this. The problem I am having is that the xlate output is changed to an .. message instead of staying ADT_A28/ADT_A31.

If I could use a single xlate then I wouldn’t have to have as much duplicate code.

Thanks,

Vincent

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Randy Colella
      Participant

That will work as long as the message structure always stays the same for the A28, A31, and A05. If one should change you will need to create a new Xlate.

The advanatge is you only need to change things in one Xlate if the changes apply to all three.

Disadvantage is you will need to create a new translation, a new route, new tcl procs, etc. if you need to change only one message type down the road.

James Cobane
      Participant

Vince,

We take this approach to most of our translations that use HL7.  We normally use the ADT_A06 message definition as our baseline record definition (as it is the most comprehensive ADT message), then map the appropriate event type (A01, A02, etc.) to the MSH and EVN segments as necessary.  Having a single translate to handle all the events is much easier from a maintenance perspective, and also simplifies routing configuration.  

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Vincent Tran
      Participant

Thanks for your input.

I think I need a post TCL script to change the ADT_A05 back into the correct format (ADT_A28, ADT_A31, etc). This is because I am using XML, and the dtd/schema wraps each XML message with ADT_A05.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags