single message in multiple messages out tcl proc

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf single message in multiple messages out tcl proc

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Paquette
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to write a tcl proc that will handle order messages in with multiple OBR and ORC segments.  I have the proc generating the messages correctly, however I cannot figure out how to get more than one message out.  When using the testing tool it will only spit out a single message.  However using the echo command I see that I am generating more than one.  Anyone have any idea on how to get more than one message out from a single message in???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

You will have to create a new message handle for each additional message you want to return.  It’s recommended that you use msgcopy rather than msgcreate so that metadata is preserved.

assume that $mh is your original inbound message and $hl7 contains your data.  The code below would exist inside your loop that is splitting the data into individual messages

Code:

set newMh [msgcopy $mh]
      msgset $newMh $hl7
      lappend dispList “CONTINUE $newMh”

You can also do this sort of thing in translation with the CONTINUE operation.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Joseph,

That is really easy to do in the Xlate – any reason you are doing it in Tcl?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Joseph Paquette
      Participant

Hello,

Usually have better control using tcl, have not really had a good example to look at using the suppress/continue option.  Working on the translation now may need some direction with the suppress/continue placements.

Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags