Siemens EDM ADR and Cloverleaf

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Siemens EDM ADR and Cloverleaf

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan Wilson
    Participant

Trying to receive messages from Siemens EDM using their new ADR(Advanced Document Routing) features.  One of the options for this is to send documents outbound via HL7.  I cannot get my connection in Cloverleaf to successfully connect to this.  I keep getting this error in Cloverleaf ‘PDL signaled exception: code 1, msg device error (remote side probably shut down)’.  And on the EDM side it’s errors say that the connection is being refused.  Any ideas or does anyone have this up and working?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Simone Heckmann
      Participant

Hi,

not sure about this, but if the connection is refused each time the EDM tries to reconnect maybe configuring your IB-thread as multiserver might help. My guess is that the EDM closes its socket each time after writing a message but somehow the connection still blocks the socket so that any attempt to reconnect fails.

With a multiserver thread the EDM should be able to reconnect even if the previous connection is still dangling around.

Sorry, that’s not really a solution to your problem but maybe a workaround…

Hope this helps a little,

Simone

Daniel Lee
      Participant

From the way you’re describing the interface, it almost sounds like the sending system is set up as the server and Cloverleaf is set up as the client.  I’ve never seen an interface set up that way before.  Normally the sending system is the client and the receiving system is the server.

Ryan Wilson
      Participant

Here are the errors from the process log.

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:   edm_ccd_in:06/01/2012 15:18:42] read returned error 0 (No error)

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:   edm_ccd_in:06/01/2012 15:18:42] PDL signaled exception: code 1, msg device error (remote side probably shut down)

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:   edm_ccd_in:06/01/2012 15:18:47] no-match: no more phrases to try

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:   edm_ccd_in:06/01/2012 15:18:47] no-match: no more phrases to try

Cloverleaf is definitely the receiving server.  I tried setting up as a multi server but that did not work either.

Simone Heckmann
      Participant

Ryan Wilson wrote:

Here are the errors from the process log.

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Or… just stop your thread and use hcitcptest (acting as the server) and you will see their message in hex.

I always use hcitcptest with a new system before I even configure Cloverleaf to make sure a connection can be established and maintained (I go through scenarios of stopping each side and observing the effect, etc).

As a server this also gives me a chance to see what their message including encapsulation looks like. As a client using hcitcptest I just type in ‘junk’ and observe what sort of acknowledgment I receive (if any). That allows me to evaluate to some extent the quality of their acknowledgment.

All that and I still have not touched Cloverleaf configuration.

If there are any issues, I can bring them to the team’s attention so work can proceed correcting the issues as we proceed with the rest of the specification process.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mike Shoemaker
      Participant

Hey Ryan, I have a similar interface from Seimens EDM and we also encountered the same problem when initially starting the interface. Seimens was sending me logs from their side that the connection was being refused by Cloverleaf (or as they continually call it … Openlink) and in the end, I realized they were attempting to send a binary pdf through the connection. We had originally purchased an textual HL7 interface from them and they had some configuration mishap on their side that caused the interface to send PDF instead of HL7. Once they tweaked their side, messages have been flowing happily ever since.  Perhaps Seimens likes to be consistent with their configurations, regardless of how well they work. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Mike

Ryan Wilson
      Participant

I’m not sure how to put ‘pd’ in debug mode to get the hexadecimal dumps.  

I’m also not quite sure how to have hctpitest capture the transactions to see what they look like.  If either of you can tell me how I would be happy to try.  I appreciate the help.

Mike Shoemaker
      Participant

The simplest thing for you to do as far as debug is to turn up the EO Output to enable all, that will give you the PDL details you are looking for.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags