Sending the same output to more than one destination

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Sending the same output to more than one destination

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael Alexander2
    Participant

I have an existing thread that sends to an IP/Port.  I would like to send the same messages to a new IP address.  What is the best way to do this?  I a few months, the duplicate thread will be deleted.

I tried having the existing thread send to both the old IP address and a static raw route to a new thread.  It didn’t send anything to the static/raw route.  There are 6 threads I need to duplicate and there are many different message types going to each thread.  Duplicating each route from the 3 source threads would take a while.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Michael,

What you could do is change the existing outbound thread to point to a new inbound thread within cloverleaf then have two raw routes from that new inbound thread to the current IP/port, and the new IP/port:

Jeff Drumm
      Participant

Hi Everyone, long time eGater here but recently have joined the Cloverleaf cadre. My apologies if I’m missing something . . .

If the requirement is simply to duplicate existing output to additional threads, what’s wrong with creating copies of the existing outbound thread, renaming each copy and reconfiguring it for the IP address/port of the new downstream system(s), then adding them as a destinations in the inbound thread’s route detail?

James Cobane
      Participant

Jeff,

That is normally the approach, but what Michael was asking is what would be a way to do it without replicating each route from the source thread as it would be a temporary configuration.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I suppose one could also write some Tcl to make a Copy of the message, OVER the Copy, CONTINUE the original.

Place that proc in the Outbound Tps of the Outbound thread and specify routing on the outbound thread (hci static raw) to the new destination. That would save some threads for those with a thread limmit in their licensing.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jeff Drumm
      Participant

Thanks for the followup, James; I appreciate it.

But I think I’m still missing something . . .

Duplicating, renaming and reconfiguring the outbound protocol threads and adding them all as destinations in a single route detail on a local test site took me about 90 seconds. Deleting those threads when done also removed the destinations from the route detail, so that was even faster than setting it up in the first place. It seemed pretty straightforward for either a temporary or permanent solution.

Perhaps the issue is that there are multiple inbound threads whose output needs to be replicated? My suggestion gets a bit more complex in that scenario, but in a linear fashion 🙂

Or maybe I’m just misunderstanding the terminology, given that I’m new here and an eGate refugee. My attempt didn’t involve creating additional routes, it simply added destinations to an existing route’s detail. If that’s bad form, it would be helpful to me to understand why.

Thanks!

PS. If the issue boils down to licensing, I guess I need to understand that better. It seems you’d need multiple protocol threads regardless.

James Cobane
      Participant

Jeff,

Adding a destination to the existing route detail is the norm.  I think what Michael is trying to avoid is having to add the new destination on all of his existing routes.  If he has 50 routes defined for the existing destination, then he has to touch each one.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Jeff Drumm
      Participant

Makes sense.

Thanks, James!

[EDIT: And if I had actually read the OP’s message completely, I would have realized this  :oops:]

James Cobane
      Participant

🙂  By the way, let me say “Welcome” to the Cloverleaf cadre.  I think you will find the Clovertech community to be a wealth of information and a great resource, as well as support group.  There is always someone willing to help and it is a great forum to exchange ideas/information.  So, again, Welcome!

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Jeff Drumm
      Participant

Thanks, Jim, it’s good to be here!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags