Sending email using the sendEMail tcl

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Sending email using the sendEMail tcl

• Creator
    Topic
    Tad Reissing
    Participant

I am trying to send an email to multiple recipients using the following command for testing:

sendEMail “192.168.20.199” { “email1@mydomain.com” “email2@mydomain.com” } “Cloverleaf” “TEST” “TEST” 1

The command seems to process without an error, but I never get the email.  If I use the following command everything works fine with just the one email address:

sendEMail “192.168.20.199” { “email1@bbpllab.com” } “Cloverleaf” “TEST” “TEST” 1

Any thoughts?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

What is this sendEMail proc to which you refer?  Can you send a copy of that script?

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Russ Ross
      Participant

I quick test you might try is using a comma to separate the email addresses as follows:

sendEMail “192.168.20.199” “email1@mydomain.com,email2@mydomain.com” “Cloverleaf” “TEST” “TEST” 1

I’m not familiar with the particular sendEMail you are using but I use comma separated email addresses successfully when using the sendmail command that comes with AIX.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

John Zalesak
      Participant

Here is how I email from UNIX in Tcl

#!/quovadx/qdx5.4.1/integrator/bin/hcitcl

set EmailMsg “This is the body of the email”

set EmailSub “This is the subject line of the email”

set Emails “name1@gshvin.org name2@gshvin.org

catch [exec << $EmailMsg mailx -s $EmailSub $Emails]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags