self-signed certificate

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf self-signed certificate

• Creator
    Topic
    Marian Michniak
    Participant

I was wondering if I can get some help. I have a trusted root certificate from the target system. The question is does this need to be installed at the OS level or CL app level. How can this be installed

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Marian,

What are you using the certificate for something like an https thread?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Marian Michniak
      Participant

Yes an HTTPS Web Services Interface.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

What setting do you have in the HTTPS panel for the http-client protocol on your thread?

Is it ClientAnon, Client, or ClientAuth?

With Client and ClientAnon you get to specify where the certificate file can be located in the configuration.

I have never configured for Client or ClientAnon but I think that you can place these wherever you want. I am not sure of what makes the most sense.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Marian Michniak
      Participant

I have configured for both Client and ClientAuth and specified the location of the cert and am now getting a warning that SSL is not licensed.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yes there is a separate licensed product to expose SSL. You can make the configuration but not execute until the license is purchased.

Your HealthVision/Lawson rep can give you the information you need about that licensing.

Russ Ross
      Participant

I looked in our $HCIROOT/vers/license.dat file to see exactly what the SSL entry is called.

I see it is called cl-aom-ssl in our version of Cloverleaf 5.6.

This will be handy to know when you fill out the request form for a SSL license from HealthVision/Lawson.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags