Script(s) to archive smat files

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Script(s) to archive smat files

• Creator
    Topic
    Bevan Richards
    Participant

We are currently running Cloverleaf 5.7 rev 2 on Windows 2008 servers. We have a couple of batch files & a tcl script that was provided by McKesson to cyclesave the smat files daily and save them into a folder.

We are trying to upgrade to Cloverleaf 19.1 from Infor on Windows 2016 servers. The batch files fail. The setroot and setsite commands will not work.

We don’t want to do the smat files by size, but by each day, so the auto archive in the 19.1 will not work for us.

Does anyone have a process to do this daily?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Keith McLeod
      Participant

I don’t know if 19.1 supports the old .idx and .msg files.  If it does is that what you intend to use?  Otherwise, there was some code ‘hcicyclesmatdb’ that I currently make use of on version 6.1.2.0.  I think it still exists on Clovertech.  All files now get stored in processes/<processname>/SmatHistory.  I use a combination of the configuration with much set to unlimited and then use cron to cycle like done previously.  I will be setting up a 19.1 server shortly and putting it through it paces….

FYI… I never put production over to the SQLite db’s on account of some issues with the version we are on….But would like to finish getting cutover to smatdb files.

Bevan Richards
      Participant

We were able to find the settings to have 19.1 use the IDX/MSG smat files. Took some work but Greg was able to find out how to do it.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Hmm, I thought 19.1 introduced the ability to archive SMATDB based on time not just size.

Am I mistaken or does that still not do what you want?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Bevan Richards
      Participant

I was told only on time. Maybe I was told wrong

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If you can archive by time, could time be 24 hours (one day)?

I don’t know since I don’t have 19.1 in front of me. If you have the doc, what does it indicate?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Bevan Richards
      Participant

Sorry, my bad. I was told only by size, not time.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

This from 6.2 Doc (see attachment). I suspect this is also true in 19.1 and possibly even more featured.

Please check the Doc.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bevan Richards
      Participant

Thanks, we will look into it.

Steve Williams
      Participant

Hi Jim,

I don’t think it’s available, not in the normally expected GUI dialog. I’ll attach a screenshot from 6.2.1

Attachments:
      Peter Heggie
      Participant

We have scripts run weekly, for each process, for each site (with an exclude list), that cycle saves each thread, and then collects all Smat DBs – per thread – that are in SmatHistory and concatenates them into one file called <SmatDB_name>_Back7.

We first move the previous Back7 file to a different file system for archiving, and that version is purged after a specified time, by another script. We have an enterprise backup utility that can restore purged SmatDBs.

Basically each Smat DB will have a ‘Back7’ version in SmatHistory, which represents the previous week. And maybe we don’t have to go to all this trouble. But the original intent was to limit the space used in our main, operational file system by only keeping the current and the previous week’s SmatDB. We found that 90% of our SmatDB searches are satisfied by the current and the previous week’s SmatDB file. So that is why these are the only two versions kept under the local process.

With recent updates allowing softlinks to other locations, we may not need all of this movement. But it sure is quick and easy to find what we want.

These scripts have borrowed a lot of code from previous postings here. Let me know if anyone is interested in looking at these scripts.

Peter Heggie

Dustin Sayes
      Participant

Bevan, did you get it working? I’ve got a combination of .bat and tcl scripts that are triggered from task scheduler to cycle smat files then move them to a target dir, if you need for examples..

Bevan Richards
      Participant

Dustin,

I wouldn’t mind the examples. I have not gotten this to work, in fact we have gone downhill. now we cannot even get ver 19.1.1 to start up any processes on the Win 2016 server box.

Dustin Sayes
      Participant

here ya go, should be attached to this post.

its nothing special. i think most of this comes with CL by default? but slightly modified. it isnt for 19.1, but still shows as example. you’ll call the cycle_save.bat from task manager.

hope this helps..

**edit… clovertech isn’t allowing the .bat and another file to be uploaded. i’ve zipped it up and trying again..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Dustin Sayes.
      Attachments:
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags