Save error database message with metadata

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Save error database message with metadata

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Keys
    Participant

Trying to write a simple script to filter out filenames with a certain extensions from a fileset-local thread. Thought the easiest way to do this would be to grab the DRIVERCTL FILENAME metadata key and do a string match for the extension, killing the message handle if found.

I have a message in my error database now that I would like to test with, but don’t think it is possible to save this message to a file where the metadata is still present.

Suggestions?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Much better to do this with the DirParse UPoC of the Fileset protocol.

At that UPoC you will be presented with a list (or list of lists depending on Cloverleaf release) of the files detected when the Fileset Protocol Directory Parse has completed BUT BEFORE any further processing occurs.

You have an opportunity to return a modified list of only the files you want processed. There is a sample proc somewhere in the root tclprocs directory. I also have a package and proc invoking that package which provides a significant amount of selection capability by providing arguments to the proc.

email me if you want to discuss more or would like those procs.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mike Keys
      Participant

Jim,

Are you referring to the TPS section for the fileset protocol?

Also, don’t see a sample proc.

Yes, would be interested in your package/proc.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags