running ide under different user names

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf running ide under different user names

• Creator
    Topic
    Tijen Ireland
    Participant

Hi,

Currently in our system hci owns every cloverleaf related files. Everybody in the interface engine group uses the hci login. I was wondering if we could run ide under our own user names and save the files under own user names. How do I run ide as a client  from my machine and login as myself rather then hci. Has anybody running ide under different user names?

We are on unix 11i. We are running cloverleaf version 5.3 on our dev and 5.2 on our dev environment.

Thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

If you look at the contents of the configuration files on the server, you’ll see that they contain the network userID of whoever modified the file.  When you go in through the GUI, you don’t specify which user you are; but your Network login is used to identify who is touching the file.

When we telnet (or press the command prompt button), we have to login as ourselves, but then ‘su – hci’ once we are in.  I think if you want to get real sophisticated with user security, you need to look at the Advanced Security option.

Jim Cobane

PHNS, Inc.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags