Run hcicmd from a tcl script

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Run hcicmd from a tcl script

• Creator
    Topic
    JD
    Participant

Hello – I have a tcl script that gathers inbound and outbound thread lists by loading the NetConfig, extracting key pair information.

I would like to run the hcicmd command on the lists to stop the threads; only way that I’ve come across to run the command is to use “exec”; this works great for stopping/starting the threads from the tcl script.

Does stopping/starting the threads with “exec” in the tcl script put a load/stress on the linux box to be concerned about in general?   Does it or will it leave files, locks, linux processes open?  Hope I’m making some sense.   If there’s perhaps an exising similar script to stop/start threads from tcl script that I can use for reference that would be great.  Thanks in advance. JD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

This should not put any more strain on the O/S than stopping/starting from the GUI.

Nor should it affect any of the other objects such as you indicate.

I am fairly sure that hcicmd is what is being executed by the GUI when you stop/start threads.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

JD
      Participant

Great to know and good news – thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags