routing messages

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf routing messages

• Creator
    Topic
    Stewart
    Participant

Is it possible to route a message to different IP/PORTs using a translation or TCL?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Normally you specify a route to as many destination threads (IP/Port) as you have defined.

Are you saying you need to do something different than the normal routing facility?

If so – more details would be helpful.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Stewart
      Participant

I would like to ROUTE certain facilities to a LIVE environment and others to TEST.  The LIVE feed will be sending messages to cloverleaf.  When the message comes in I would like to, based on the facility route the message to different IP’s/Ports.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

You can use re-route capability available either to Tcl or via an Xlate to programmatically determine if a message should take a different route path. You wil still need the routes to be taken defined in the route definition.

You could also use a TrxID Proc to set the TrxID based in message content – again there needs to be routes defined for the constructed TrxIDs.

So simplistically you could have 2 routes prod and test and either in the re-route Xlate (or Tcl) specify either of those routes or in the TrxID proc specify a TrxID of prod or test.

If you would like a precise I created regarding re-routing for my colleagues at MDACC email me and I will send it.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags