Reset Failed Count

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Reset Failed Count

• Creator
    Topic
    Danny Wheeler
    Participant

I am very new to Cloverleaf so if this question is silly I apologize.  I am in the process of getting a class from Infor so i hopefully won’t have many of these.  My question:  How do i reset the failed counter on a thread?  I figured out how to view the failed messages in the Database Administrator and delete them but it did not reset the failed counter like I expected.  I have attached a screenshot of the area I am talking about in case I am not using proper terminology.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Danny,

Welcome to Cloverleaf and clovertech.

You need to run hcimsiutil from the command line to reset statistics (which includes the error count).

hcimsiutil -Z

The above will initialize the statistics for ALL threads in the site.

hcimsiutil -zt

The above will zero out the statistics for a single thread.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Jim

As of 5.8 we now have the -X and -xt options which will clear all the numerical stats but not times like last received, etc.  IMHO a much better option since it will not screw up alerts like Last Sent or Last Received

I even went so far as to write my own wrapper around hcimsiutil such that if someone issues the -Z or zt option I change it to X or xt

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Charlie,

That is good to know – something more we can look forward to when we get to Cloverleaf 6.0.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Danny Wheeler
      Participant

Is this how you would handle it in a Windows environment?  I imagine if it is then i would need to use the ‘Shell Window’ tool under runtime.  When I try to use it I get the error message attached below.  I have telnet installed on both the Cloverleaf server and my workstation.  (Cloverleaf server Windows 2003 and my Workstation Windows 7 64-bit)

John Stafford
      Participant

Windows 7 does not have telnet services enabled by default.

Go into Control Panel and choose Programs and Features.

On the left, there is an option to Turn Windows features on or off.

Check the box that says ‘Telnet Client’.

That should allow you to run Telnet.

Edit: Just noticed that you indicated that Telnet services are turned on. Have you tried running Telnet from the command line and connecting to your server?

Danny Wheeler
      Participant

That was the first place I looked and it is enabled on my workstation as well as the server.  Is there any way for me to just amke a manual telnet conenction to the required port?  We are on 5.8 at this time.  Does anyone know what port is used for telnet to Shell?  By the way thank you everyone for your help.  Again I apologize for the extremely green questions.

John Stafford
      Participant

Telnet uses a default port (Google says it’s port 23).

If you open a command line and type ‘telnet ###’ where ### is the IP address of your Cloverleaf server, you should be able to log into the backend and run your commands.

Danny Wheeler
      Participant

I tried just using the default port from telnet but it gives a connection refused.  This is to our test server where we don’t have a firewall enabled.  I was thinking maybe I needed to use a specific telnet port to access Cloverleaf since I am running in a Windows environment?

Alex Puzikov
      Participant

Danny,

On your test server open command prompt and type:

netstat -an

then look for line like this

TCP    [::]:23               [::]:0                 LISTENING

If you can’t find it – telnet service is not running

Danny Wheeler
      Participant

I looked and I am not listening on that port.  So my logic was I would just run the command from the cmd line on the server itself.  When i try to run it I get this error now.  Am I wrong that i should be able to do this/doing it wrong/or is something set up incorrectly on this server?

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Greetings,

We ran into an issue after upgrading to Windows 7 from XP SP3

as we tried to launch the shell window from the IDE which uses telnet.

Here is our solution per our notes that fixed that problem – maybe related to your problem.   Something to check anyway.

Good luck!

7. Shell window in IDE Launchpad for 5.8.5.0 will not run without PC based fix.

Per Windows Consultant 3/2012 do the following:

ISSUE: when trying to launch the

Danny Wheeler
      Participant

Thanks everyone for your help.  I was finally able to figure out the issues getting into shell and the commands Charlie Bursell posted worked great.  Thanks.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags