Report to HL7

• Creator
    Topic
    Eric Wright
    Participant

I have a report that comes in the following format:

PatientID|FirstName|LastName|Note1~Note2~Note3|Problem1~Problem2~Problem3|Other1~Other2|

I need to take the notes, problems, and other fields (Which may have many or no values in them) and create OBX segments for each.  For Example:

OBX|0|||Note1

OBX|1|||Note2

OBX|2|||Note3

OBX|3|||Problem1

OBX|4|||Problem2

OBX|5|||Other1…

I’ve created a VRL that specifies every field that I’m getting in (which is tested and working), but getting it to output is something I’m struggling with.  

Once I’ve gone through the Notes section (using the iterate command on the repeating Notes field), and it’s output correctly, and I know what the address is for the next OBX segment that the problems go in, I can’t get it to output there.  I’ve tried a number of things including creating a variable and supplying it in the address for the output (1(@Addr).OBX(0).#5(0).[0]), but I can’t get it to work.  I know that you can’t supply a variable in the address, but is there another way to do this short of doing it all in tcl?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Eric,

What is the counter you specified for the ITERATE you are using to navigate the VRL?

It should be a % something.

Let’s say it is %s1.

Use that counter in the correct place in the outbound OBX Address path. That will depend on your outbound variant.

Normally OBX segments in a result are part of a repeating group and so the placement in the address path would be a the group level. However if your variant has the OBX as a repeating segment then the placement would be at the segment level.

If you need further assistance, email me and I will try to help off line.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags