rename process(es)

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf rename process(es)

• Creator
    Topic
    Doug Stelley
    Participant

Win2ksp4 – 5.3rev3

I need to rename several processes in our sites to go from SCC to scc or META to meta.

Anyone know where I can make those changes? If I try to do it from Network Conffigurator, it sees “SCC” and renames “scc” back to “SCC”.

I would use a search & replace tool, but I need to know what files I would need to affect in order to make the changes.

Thanks

Doug

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bill Bertera
      Participant

I’ve noticed that too, when changing case in a process name it thinks it’s the same. You can either make 2 changes, change SCC to scc1. Save, then change scc1 to scc. Or you can manually edit the NetConfig, changing all SCC to scc.

if you do method 1, you may need to remove the old process directories (/SCC) between changes, but I’m not sure.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

You can do it with an editor, however use the match case selection when using finad and replace.  I would recommend following the replacements one at a time.  For instance if you replaced TEST with BOB it could hit things in the netconfig like XLATESTART and change it to XLABOBART.  Might cause some interesting problems.

Or you could change it in each thread config using Configuration Tool.

David Burks
      Participant

I assume you are on windows.  The whole problem is an inconsistency in how windows handles case in filenames (stored but supposedly transparent).  

You cannot go from SCC to scc in one step.  The reason is when you make the change the app submits scc to windows and windows says that exists already.  That makes this a mulitple step operation.

first rename the processes to a temp value.  Just add a z or something to all threads using the SCC process.  So now they are SCCz  Then save and reset shared memory.  Then go back to NetConfig and change the proccess to scc which you want permanently.  Save and reset shared memory.  You are ready to go.

Bala Pisupati
      Participant

You can also vi NetConfig and then change the proc name manually.

Better yet you can just ftp it to your c drive and edit it in an editor using find and replace in one go.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags