Remote system Sending duplicate messages.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Remote system Sending duplicate messages.

• Creator
    Topic
    John Hamilton
    Participant

Running AIX

Cloverelaf 6.2.3

I have a system with the standard HL7 Ack process.

I’m using hl7Raw_ack.  The problem is the system goes into a loop sending the same message over and over.  With the same Message ID in MSH.10.

Has anyone created a script to check previous Message ID and do something smart if there are the same.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tipu Razaq
      Participant

On the thread’s Outbound tab try setting the Retries option to a number you like. Remember to bounce the process after making changes.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

So John what does the sending system says is the reason it is resending the same message upon receipt of the acknowledgment?

I assume what you are sending is a positive acknowledgment.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

John Hamilton
      Participant

Jim they have no idea why at this time. Just keep telling the log files cycled before they can review them.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Evidently the sending system is not waiting for the ACK before resending.  You need to stay on them and make them fix it.

In the meantime you could create a hidden file in the process directory.  Each time a message comes in if the file does not exist, create it by writing the message ID to the file and CONTINUE the message.  Be sure and write which will overwrite or create the file.  This should happen only the first time you do this.

If the file exists read the stored message ID and compare to the received message ID.  If they are the same simply KILL the message and you are done.  If the stored message ID does not match, write the new message ID to the file and CONTINUE the message.

Kind of a kluge but should work as a temp fix while you bug the vendor to fix his problem

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags